Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ahhhh, self-employment!

If you live in NYC, you know why I'm feeling super-stoked about working from home right now. It's raining ice. Some snow, sure, but mostly tiny, razor-like pieces of ice right now. And I'm inside. Poor, sure, but very warm and dry.

Things are looking up though. Went and saw an accountant last night, a Mr. Richard Prinzi, who is an awesome guy and awesome at using money kung-fu to get me a bunch back from taxes. We talked a little bit about my new business venture and he used a calculator to show me that I'm going to need to start filing quarterly. Yikes.

I'm not a fan of anything money-related. Well, money itself is nice, but the management and care of it reminds of the time in my life that I had a ferret. It smelled and never wanted to be in its cage and was always stealing things and hiding them in the walls. Just like money. Also it bit people and looked like a giant rat. Again, like money. So it's an associative thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of money, I like money.

I have a little.

I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator.

I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in.