Monday, February 05, 2007

Phase Two

Hey all. It's been an interesting week. Last Friday was my official Last Day® at A&E as a freelance production assistant. It was celebrated with almost non-stop drinking from about 5:30pm till sometime around 2:30am (though this is, of course, hazy. I could easily have traveled back in time considering the amount of gin I drank.) It was wicked fun. Some peeps from work, some peeps from home, and Katy all helped me celebrate my emancipation from the daily routine of assured pay. So now I am officially a Freelance Producer™. My new production company Frontwards Productions is active and ready for work. I'm waiting for some forms to go through over at A&E allowing me to do freelance work for them, and I'm also pursuing some job leads at other networks. It's all very exciting/terrifying. The exciting thing was creating a logo and business cards and a website. The terrifying thing is not knowing how much work I'll be getting and how how often. But I remain confidant. Everyone at A&E is cheering me on, and lots of them have given me names and numbers of folks around town who may be looking for a freelance producer with my kind of skills (the ability to create amazing work/time-travel). When my site is live I'll let you all know. So stay tuned for new posts from the freelance world. I'll probably have more time to update this blog (though, honestly, hopefully not) so it should afford all of you a glimpse from an increasingly anxiety-filled mind. Enjoy.

No comments: